Chicago, May 24, 2016 - Institutional investment management requires more precision and accuracy than ever before. Increasing cybersecurity concerns, regulation and on-going client demands call for an optimized solution to meet these growing needs.
Backstop Solutions Group, a leading provider of cloud-based solutions for the institutional investment community, has been solving these issues since 2003 through continued innovation and commitment to user experience. That effort continues at the 10th Backstop User Conference. On June 8-9 at Venue SIX10 in Chicago, more than 200 Backstop users will gather for two days of lectures, panels, interactive workshops and networking, all focused on learning how to optimize their Backstop user experience.
“The institutional investment industry is changing now more than ever: regulations, technology, outsourcing and evolving relationships between stakeholders are modernizing and revolutionizing the game,” said Backstop CEO Clint Coghill. “Amid such rapid change, there is often no better group to learn from than peers who face similar challenges.”
“We spend countless hours during the year creating and executing educational content and programming for our users,” said Vice President of Client Services Marguerite Peters. “The Backstop User Conference provides the opportunity for our users to learn from each other and provide feedback on Backstop. We often find that this is the best way for users to gain knowledge and improve their experience using Backstop’s solutions, while simultaneously giving us valuable insights to best improve our product.”
This year’s conference will feature a Client Success Showcase track, which will give several clients the opportunity to share how they achieved exceptional success with Backstop. Stories to be shared on this track include:
- The Yin and Yang of Client Services and Investor Relations with Heather Schnell - Director, Investor Relations - CarVal Investors and Maria Szabó - Client Services Manager - GTIS Partners;
- Due Diligence/Research Management with David Wippel - Managing Director - Cliffwater LLC
- ABC - Always Be Cleaning with Marie Valentine - Analyst, Client Services - Alternative Investment Management, LLC.
The BackCHAT Bar, a Backstop User Conference crowd favorite, will return, where clients who use Backstop for similar functions will gather to swap tips and tricks. The conference spans two days and will feature a variety of events, panels, and speakers aimed at improving the Backstop experience.
- Day 1 will open at 10 a.m. CDT and will include numerous breakout sessions and a lunch lecture by Michael Neuman, Backstop Vice President of Security. The day will conclude at 6:30 p.m. with a dinner at the Adler Planetarium.
- Day 2 will begin at 8:30 a.m. with remarks by Backstop CEO Clint Coghill and will feature guest speaker astronaut Mike Mullane at lunch, in addition to a full day of panels, lectures and breakout sessions. The day will conclude at 4:30 p.m. with a cocktail party.
“We are looking forward to welcoming more Backstop users than ever at this year’s Backstop User Conference,” said Coghill. “There is no better time than now to gather, exchange ideas and learn together.”
Full registration is available until May 31, 2016. Travel and hotel information is available on Backstop’s website at www.backstopsolutions.com/conference.
About Backstop Solutions Group
Backstop Solutions Group is a leading provider of cloud-based financial technology solutions for hedge funds, funds of funds, pensions, endowments, private equity firms, consultants and family offices. Founded in 2003, Backstop created the industry’s first web-based software that helps firms in the alternative investment management industry operate more efficiently, invest intelligently and communicate effectively. With offices across the United States and in Europe and Asia, Backstop now serves over 670 firms worldwide, making it one of the fastest growing software providers in the financial services industry. For more information visit www.backstopsolutions.com. Follow us on Twitter @Backstop.