Company continues upward growth trajectory as the leading cloud-based productivity suite for institutional and alternative investors
CHICAGO (PRWEB) March 21, 2019
Backstop Solutions Group, the leading cloud-based productivity suite for institutional and alternative investors, has today announced significant growth across several areas of the organization over the past year. With over 800 clients managing over $4 trillion in assets using the Backstop platform, the company has continued to expand as demand grows for technology solutions that make investment and operations professionals more productive and effective.
New releases to Backstop’s productivity technology suite
Over the course of the past year, Backstop Solutions Group has introduced more new capabilities than ever before, including:
- Definable entities: Clients are able to implement and use their own nomenclature systems for fields, entity names and report titles.
- Cash holdings: Asset allocators have access to high transaction count configurations and more realistic reflections of cash holdings through visual insights within Backstop.
- Dated relationships: Users can easily track the dynamic nature of their individual relationships over time and across multiple organizations.
- Schedule-able reports: Backstop reports can be delivered at automatic intervals, allowing for greater data visibility.
- Revamped Preqin integration: Preqin has now been integrated directly into the Backstop screen. Users can control what Preqin data they see and how it is displayed.
- Pipeline analytics: Actionable analysis allows clients deeper insight into their research process.
- E-signatures: Enables simple, secure and fully digital workflow and approval processes.
- Self-service profile edits: Asset managers can enable investors to individually update their own profile information for improved data quality, compliance and workflow efficiency.
In October 2018, Backstop Solutions Group completed a $20 million growth round of financing. Investors included Roger Kafker, a 30-year veteran investor in the asset management space, Tao Huang, former COO of Morningstar, David Bradley, President of Huizenga Capital Management, and Vistara Capital Partners.
In December 2018, Backstop Solutions Group announced the acquisition of BarclayHedge, a leading provider of alternative investment data and indices. As a result, Backstop will now be able to offer institutional clients a proprietary combination of technology, tools, services, and data to help optimize their research management and due diligence workflows.
Expansion to executive leadership and advisory board
In 2018, Backstop Solutions Group welcomed two new executive team leaders and appointed three new members to the Board of Advisors, collectively bringing further acumen and experiential investment knowledge to the company.
- Executive hires include:
- - Nancy Wells, SVP, Global Sales
- - Chad Erwin, SVP, Asset Owners
- Advisory board member appointments:
- - Roger Kafker, a participating investor in Backstop Solutions Group’s most recent round of funding, Kafker is currently a Senior Advisor at TA Associates, where he has also formerly served as an Executive Member and as Managing Director in his 30-year career at the company
- - Ana Gomez Chapman, Senior Relationship Manager – Alternatives Lead at Allianz Global Investors
- - JJ Wilczewski, Managing Director, Head of Americas Institutional Coverage; Chairman - Global Institutional Practice at DWS Group
Backstop was the recipient of key industry awards, further validating the company’s commitment to excellence in product innovation and client service:
- “Best Data and Technology Provider” by Chief Investment Officer Magazine
- “Best CRM System” by HFM US Hedge Fund Services Awards 2018
Backstop Solutions Group also continued its focus on diversity with the company’s Women in Tech (WIT) Program, which included hosting the panel event, “The Impact of Impact Investing: How Diversity & Inclusion Have Bolstered Performance” in Chicago, as well as participation in YWCA’s TechGYRLS initiative, a youth empowerment program designed to raise girls’ interest and confidence in STEAM areas.
“The past 12 months were a banner year for us,” said Clint Coghill, CEO, Backstop Solutions Group. “We’ve introduced several new features to make our software suite even easier for clients to use, made some key acquisitions to round out our service offerings, and welcomed some of the best in the business to our executive leadership and advisory board to ensure our path to success continues. We look forward to being able to continuously exceed our clients’ expectations in streamlining and enhancing their work.”
For more information, visit https://www.backstopsolutions.com.
About Backstop Solutions Group, LLC
Backstop’s mission is to help the institutional investment industry use time to its fullest potential. We develop technology to simplify and streamline otherwise time- consuming tasks and processes, enabling our clients to quickly and easily access, share, and manage the knowledge that is critical to their day-to-day business success. Backstop provides its industry-leading cloud-based productivity suite to investment consultants, pensions, funds of funds, family offices, endowments, foundations, private equity, hedge funds, and real estate investment firms.
VP of Marketing
(312) 277 1189