Client Relationship Management
"Having a centralized system where quickly we can pull records of every single interaction has been vital to our success."
Backstop's powerful CRM provides the ideal foundation for managing client and partner activities, investment documentation, research materials, and email communications in one central database.
- Capture and share important notes, meetings, calls, and documents
- Automatically synchronize contacts, and emails with seamless Outlook® integration
- Restrict access by role or user type to ensure compliance with internal and external policies
- Access crucial information, manage contacts and add notes on-the-go with Backstop Mobile
Sales & Marketing Management
Backstop's sales management capabilities allow for easy tracking and maintenance of sales pipelines and associated activities to support the capital raising process.
- Manage interest levels, client types, and investment probabilities with a sales tool designed specifically for alternative asset managers
- Integrate compliance into everyday workflow by auto-archiving marketing emails and watermarking fund marketing docs
- Easily create and share reports and analytics to measure sales effectiveness
Backstop provides a suite of software tools for driving more effective communications from an email campaign center to customized website portals.
- Create and send unlimited email distributions to clients, prospects, and other contacts using the email center
- Monitor message reads and forwards to evaluate marketing campaign success and to maintain your culture of compliance
- Protect your clients and your firm by distributing reports, statements, K-1's, fund documentation, and more via a branded, secure online portal
Backstop Mobile offers an additional interface for accessing key information on the go. Users can share notes and research in real-time, grab directions to their next meeting, and quickly preview last touch points with a contact in a mobile-friendly format.
Preventing the re-distribution of sensitive information is a major priority for the alternative asset management industry. Backstop's Watermarking module allows users to dynamically place a configurable "stamp" on outbound PDF attachments, as well as set copy and print restrictions to discourage forwarding and assist with compliance programs.
Advanced Permissioning Module
Backstop's Advanced Permissioning Module allows administrative level users to restrict access to specific records, funds or accounts in the system. This added level of control goes beyond standard out-of-the box user permissions, and is mainly used by firms who have very specific information control policies or who need to silo data between their own internal teams.
The Backstop Outlook Add-in allows users to send emails directly from Outlook to Backstop and to convert email attachments to linked and tagged Backstop Documents. Emails sent to Backstop are automatically linked to contacts with matching email addresses or company domains and can also be linked to other Backstop entities from within the Outlook interface.