Complete RMS Solution
Backstop offers a complete research management solution, combining qualitative, quantitative and subjective data tracking tools in one package.
Document & Activity Management
Backstop's core CRM capabilities provide the perfect relational platform for storing and sharing documents, e-mails, meetings, calls and other activities in one location.
- Drag and drop documents, apply custom tags for easy reference, and link to multiple contacts, companies or funds
- Quickly convert e-mail attachments to individually linked documents with Backstop's Outlook® integration
- Powerful keyword searching instantly scans every document in the system
Manager Selection & Due Diligence
Backstop makes it easy to manage ongoing due diligence and manager selection through qualitative and quantitative analysis in one centralized location.
- Use Backstop to create templates to track data generally stored in Excel® or other cumbersome software tools to centralize information, eliminate redundancies and fuel comparative reporting
- Monitor and report on qualitative and quantitative data points over time for monthly, quarterly or annual due diligence
- Share reports that highlight missing documents or data on managers to identify incomplete diligence and streamline workflow
- Turn qualitative data and proprietary subjective analysis into quantitative measures for "apples-to-apples" comparisons and rankings
In addition to reporting on qualitative data, Backstop includes powerful performance analytics to assist with evaluating and monitoring managers from a quantitative perspective.
- Track key metrics, such as exposures, AUM and returns, and assign relevant benchmarks to funds
- Compare current and potential investments using peer group analysis tools and a full library of statistics
- Run up-to-date analysis on fund and holding performance along with index data from our Data Providers or other sources
- Visualize liquidity opportunities and planned transaction effects on portfolios with Backstop's Portfolio Planning Module
Research Distribution & Reporting
Backstop offers a complete research management system, combining qualitative, quantitative and subjective data in dynamic reports to provide a 360 degree view of manager analysis.
- Instantly generate fund analysis books to share research and performance data with Backstop Summary Book Reports, or produce dynamic tear sheets with our Excel Toolkit
- Automatically send fund research and related documents into a secure web-portal for distribution to clients, advisors or investment committee members with Backstop Portal
- Export and integrate with other systems with Backstop's robust API